2019 Spring Elementary After School Tournament
- Tournament day: April 28, 9:00-11:00
- Location: Stopher Elementary, 14417 Aiken Road, Louisville 40245
- cost: $ 30 (includes tournament t-shirt)
- Registration: Click here to register
- Registration deadline: 4.12.19
TOURNAMENT FORMAT and REVISED LAWS OF THE GAME FOR U-6 & U-8 PLAYERS
1. FIELD OF PLAY: its lenght/touch line being 25/35 yards and its width/goal line being 15/ 25 yards. Goal area: NA. We use these field measures for the Elementary after school program.
1a. NUMBER OF FIELDS. We will have 3 fields with 6 teams, 4 with 8 and 5 with 10. Each field will by numbered, look for the number hanging from the back of the red pop up goal.
2. THE BALL: size 4
3. NUMBERS OF PLAYERS ON A TEAM team roster: 6; players on the field at one time: 4, no goal keeper; substitution: unlimited.
3A. NUMBER OF TEAMS: KSA will create teams with the registered children from each school. A school will need 6 players to create a team and 12 children to create 2 teams. Each school will have a color and you will receive your colored shirt the day of the Tournament Sign-in time between 8:00 ans 8:30. Registration deadline is 4.12.19. Teams roster will be pubblished on the KSa website and Facebook page the week og April 8th.
4. PLAYERS EQUIPMENT: short, socks, shin guards (mandatory) and a shirt. KSA will provide pennies of different colors.
5. REFEREE: the KSA coach and or the parent volunteer.
6. DURATION OF THE GAME: 10 minutes with 5 minutes break in between games.
6a. GROUP STAGE. Each group will be made of 3/4 teams. FINALS for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will be made of 3/4 teams depending on registration. The winners of each group will play against each other for the first place, the second placed against each other for second place and third placed against each other for third place. The winner of each group is the team that has the most point, and in case of a tie we will look at goal differiential.
7. START and RESTART OF PLAY: Kicks-off are take in center fild mark line. Opponents should be 10 feet away from the ball on all restarts.
8. BALL IN and OUT of PLAY: ball is out of play when its has wholly crossed the sidelines.
9. METHOD OF SCORING: the whole of the ball must cross the goal line between the goal post. the KSA coaches and assistaht coaches will keep track of the score and will have to report to the Tournament coordinator at end odf each game.
10: OFF-SIDE: no.
11. FOULS AND MISCONDUCT: no red card or yellow card. When a foul occurs the coach will award it to the other team.
12,13,14,15,16: Kick offs, free kicks, throw-ins, goal kicks and corner kicks are used to start or restart play; Kick-ins and/or dribble-ins are also acceptable; Goal kicks and corner kicks should be taken in the general vicinity of the respective goal or corner; If used, all free kicks are indirect; no penalty Kicks.
17. COMMON SENSE. coaches and players are encouraged to shake hands with opponent before and after the Game.