About the Elementary After School Soccer Program
"Teaching the Game" Elementary After School Program, is an instructional soccer program that creates a fun and safe environment to teach children the game of soccer at the JCPS schools partner location. The EASSP takes place in the Fall from September through November for 8 weeks Mondays-Fridays from 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm, in the Winter from December through February for 8 weeks Mondays-Fridays from 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm, in the spring from March through May for 8 weeks, Mondays-Fridays from 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
About the coaching job opportunity
- the coach must commit to a minimum of a season, 8 weeks, including possible make-up dates for inclement weather for each school, and can work up to 3 seasons, for a total of 24 weeks.
- the coach will be hired as a lead coach or assistant coach
- the coach will be hired as a contract laborer.
- Both the lead coach and the assistant coach can work up to 5 schools per week. One school per day.
- the lead coach responsibilities are, set up the field to sign in KSA at the designated school by 3:45 (arrival at school is 3:30/3:40), sign players in, deliver soccer instructions, sign out children, collect the equipment at 4:55, an to leave the school at 5:15). A coach can work as a lead coach up to 5 days a week managing 5 schools. The pay is $ 22.5/25 per hour and each session is paid 1.5 per hour.
- The assistant coach responsibilities are, to arrive at the selected school at 4:00, deliver soccer instructions, collect the equipment at 4:55, to leave the school location at 5:00. The pay is $ 20 per hour and each session is paid 1 hr. An assistant coach can also work as a lead coach on the days when he/she is available from 4:45 to 5:15
- The coach must 1) pass a Child Abuse History Clearance and Background Check, 2) have reliable transportation.
- Experience with and passion for working with this age group is necessary, and soccer playing and coaching at a recreational or competitive level is highly recommended.
KSA will provide the coach with:
- training (video tutorials and on-the-job guidance)
- supervision on the Job
- lesson plan